Vege Adventure is a one week activity to promote fruit and vegetables as part of the Crunch&Sip® break at primary school.
The aim is to encourage students to eat a different coloured fruit or vegetable each day of the week. We hope this will encourage them to taste different fresh fruit and vegetables.
The activity was developed for Stage 1 (Years 1 and 2) students, and offers a range of resources which are available to download.
Images for Teachers
Sincere thanks to:
- Stage 1 teachers, students and families at Tacoma Public School and Woongarrah Public School
- Central Coast Transition to School Projects Coordinator, Learning and Wellbeing, Public Schools NSW for their assistance in developing this resource.
While it’s important for individuals to make healthier choices, the environment we live in greatly impacts on those choices. Check out this website to find out how to graze green and to try out colourful recipes.
The Eat a rainbow website has links to useful resources such as posters, recipes, games and flash cards.
The Crunch&Sip Resource Pack contains:
- The Crunch&Sip school implementation guide
- Food and nutrition focused classroom activities that fit within the NSW primary school PDHPE curriculum and also meet other cross-curricula outcomes
- Short lesson ideas based around healthy eating
- Background nutrition information and helpful resources.
Find the pack here.
Keeping in touch with families
Check in here to find new infographics for your school newsletter.